Monday, April 20, 2009

Have I ever mentioned ...


... that I like a movie poster with a lot of yellow in it?

Well, maybe I didn't realize it until the Crank: High Voltage posters began appearing about six weeks ago. But every time I'm stopped in traffic and one of these posters is in my line of vision, I'm drawn to it, and don't look away until the light turns green.

No, I don't have a man crash on Jason Statham, but there's something captivating about this poster. Its simplicity gives it a throwback feel, which is helpful for a movie franchise so drenched in id that it nearly functions as exploitation.

I'm not sure if I'll make it to this one in the theaters, but I can say that the original Crank was ten times more fun than it had any right to be. Here's hoping the same fate for High Voltage.

5 comments:

Lord Vader said...

I demand an explanation for why you don't have a man crush on Jason Statham - and heterosexuality is no excuse!

Derek Armstrong said...

Well, I can't have a man crush on everyone. I'm saving myself for Clive, Daniel, George and David. Let's see if you can supply the correct last names for these guys. At least one of them is very easy.

Don Handsome said...

Davis, DeVito, Peppard, and Arquette. Right?

Derek Armstrong said...

Actually, it's a list of writers: Clive Cussler, Daniel Webster, George Eliot and David Hare. Crap -- George Eliot was actually a woman.

DGB said...

I think the critic doth protest too much.