Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Generic zany productivity music


Today will be my first experience embedding video into my blog. I don't plan to make it a regular occurrence -- the core of my blog is writing, and always will be. But sometimes, I'll need an audio visual reference to a point I'm making, and today is the first example of that.

However, I should warn you -- the video here is pretty crappy. You'll see what I'm talking about in a minute. I chose to film it on my blackberry after my wife was already asleep last night, so I couldn't turn the volume on the source material up very high. (In fact, I wanted to use just audio, because that's all I'll really need. However, I couldn't figure out how to embed just audio. Hey, I'm 36 years old, I'm not one of you twentysomethings who knows how to do everything. Just ignore the fact that I work in IT, so I have no excuse for playing the role of a technophobe.)

Anyway, to the topic at hand. I've been watching a lot of family-oriented zany comedies lately, some to review them (Daddy Day Camp, Are We Done Yet?) and some to give me background for a review (Daddy Day Care). There may have been a couple others, but it's kind of a blur right now.

These three have one obvious thing in common -- they all star African-Americans. But I don't believe that has anything to do with my point today, or if it does, it's a very strained connection.

No, the other thing they all have in common is the music that plays while the DVD menu is up. It's not the exact same song on these three movies, but it is the same kind of generic zany productivity music. Take a listen. (You may have to turn up your volume a little bit.)




I guess you could also call it Old West music. It sounds a bit like it should be in a Western, and maybe that's appropriate for a movie about a day camp. Sort of.

But it also seems to me to indicate a certain grandiose buffoonery to what the actors are doing. In each of the movies I mentioned above, there's someone engaged in some sort of buffoonish activity related to children. But I also call it "productivity music" because it sounds like a grand venture is being undertaken.

Since I've sort of realized I don't have a very interesting point here, I'm going to cut my losses and use this post primarily as a test of my embedding skills. (As much as being able to embed a video into a blog post can be described as a "skill").

Don't hold it against me, and tune in tomorrow for the next installment of Second Chances.

2 comments:

Black Min said...

Popular ringtone in 2018
Hi everybody
Today I will share with everyone is music. Music is fun. Fun music. Music brings me sanity. I'm going on the music road. That is Ringtone. Free ringtones for people around the world. These are vibrant tunes that you can reference and install:

Hindi ringtones
Telugu ringtones
Bollywood ringtones
Malgudi Days ringtones
Ringtones Airtel ringtones

You can leave a review for me, it helps me improve the ringtone more to do a new look for the world of ringtones. Visit my homepage to find more ringtones: https://ringtonedownload.in/
Thank you!

Sophie Grace said...

I have read your post this is a very informative website. I appreciate your consideration and look forward to hearing from you. Thank you so much for your information. 192.168.l.l is pre-specified by the router companies as the default gateway address and can be used to make different changes to the router’s settings.