Sunday, April 16, 2017

I don't have trailers, but I have these

Damn.

Star Wars teaser posters are the things that will get me through to December, as I steadfastly refuse to watch the trailers (one of which has just become available, presumably for this Star Wars celebration that's marking the 40th anniversary of the franchise).

And this one for The Last Jedi is, simply, great.

I don't know what else to say about it.

The traditional route would probably have been to show Kylo Ren with his mask on, but how much more powerful is it to have him meet mano-a-mano -- humano-a-humano -- with his one-time mentor and trainer, Luke Skywalker. Unlike Darth Vader, Kylo Ren -- the erstwhile Ben Solo -- is a mask remover. Which may ultimately be the thing that's key to his salvation, even though he killed his dad.

In googling for this image, though, I also found another poster that captivated me, even though it's just a fan mock-up. It was nicely done enough that I thought it was worth showcasing it here:


Will a star destroyer actually be coming to Luke's secret island?

I guess we'll find out in December.

No comments: